R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
The big thing is to make sure the snap ring isnt overcompressed....if it is, it will never "snap" back into the groove (especially if it has popped out once already). After my initial problem with the diff, I pulled it all back apart and actually spread the snap ring out slightly. During reassembly I was very carelful to compress the snap ring the absolute minimum to get it into the outdrive. Havent had a problem since even with a "used" snap ring. Also make sure the washers are in correctly or it will just compound the problem. One more thing is to not overtighten the diff initially before break in.
well i have been fighting this bastard all day!! i swear i cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on, i have built 100's of ball difs from mini-z's and up. i have changed every component and it still does the same thing. from what i can tell for some reason the thrust assembly locks up but only in one direction??? you can twist it to the right about four rev;s and then it locks up, if you spin backwards it releases and acts normal but will lock up at almost the same exact spot. i do have the original clip still until my new ones come in but i really cant see how the clip can make this happen (not saying it cant, i just dont see it) i bent the clip outwards, and it is not popping out of the slot because the entire time the dif is working it just gets tight. i mentioned yesterday that when i was spinning it it went pop and now i realize that it was tightening up and then popping the clip out. so for now it just going to sit on the shelf til the new clips come in and hopefully it will go right after that......... the thrust washers are assembled right everything is right as i have taken apart at least 20 times today. oh one more thing since i decided to shelf it for the week i went ahead and put it back together but flipped the thrust bearing washers upside down so the groove are on the outside and it actually feels better but dont know how tight the dif is yet, it just seems like for some reason the thrust ssembly is locking up, i even polished the inside of the housing to stop it!