R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Wes Briscoe
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Don't understand why more "Racers" haven't jumped on the 12th bandwagon yet, especially for indoor racing
Totally agree. For me, 1/12 racing is the class to race. It's everything you said, and more. I wish more people would give it a try, in a lot of ways it is up to the people who race it to promote it (reasonably) and help the new racers as much as possible.

The intimidation factor of 1/12 is the apparent 'voodoo' that tuning presents to the typical touring car racer, or new racer. In many ways it is less about nutting and bolting the car and more about finesse. We do everything a half millimeter at a time, and in a different manner. It's just a shame since touring car is more complicated; it's just more what I would call 'nut and bolt' tuning where 1/12 is more 'finessing the car'.

Mass sharing of tuning information is the only way to really get people over it. Someone more motivated than myself should do a wiki page dedicated to just tuning a 12scale. There is a 'tuning guide' floating around but its sort of arbitrary and doesn't explain anything in a way that it will help the new racers.