R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to Electric, and i have a few ????'s
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 04:04 PM
serpentsixty9
Tech Adept

Default New to Electric, and i have a few ????'s

ok, i'm an experience nitro guy by all means, i've built and had almost every kit out there, but while on vacation out here in california, i visited a lhs with my dad, a hobby people i believe, and he picked up a tc3 with a reedy KR 10 turn single!! This is so cool, because i've always wanted my dad to run with me, but the thing is, i'm gonna set it up, and get everything dialed for him. Now, building it won't be a problem, since i already have built 3 ntc3's, but i have a few q's about the electronics, such as, what is the cheapest esc that i can use with this motor, what pinion i should use? the guy gave me a rrp 24 and 25 to start with, are these good? and also, i have a dynamite mega peak charger, that i've always used for starter box batts, and reciever batts, its got 4 and 1 amp charging, will this be a good charger to charge up 3000 battery packs, just for parkin lot runnin? and also, what will be some good tools to pick up down the road, i've heard about comm cutters and lathes and stuff, but i'm not sure i understand what they do, lol remember, i'm a nitro guy. I'm not gonna get a matched pack, i'm interested in getting him stick packs, like 2500's, and 3000's. please help me out, thanks