Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I have the current CRC cars and I've picked up their batteries and I do love racing and have for over 30 years. The electronics in both cars were outdated after 1 1/2 years and the new one cell stuff was pricey.
Half the price of 2s, I'm sorry you were one of the racers that didn't see the future of free updates from a reputable mfg like Tekin, those that did, are still using the same esc for 4 years now.
I run the race program here, so I am an avid promoter and supporter of the hobby. I just want to complain about the 30c , no now 40c, no now 60c.
With round cells we were lucky to get 3 months out of a pack, though you wouldn't be competitive after a dozen runs on them. Lipo packs are good for 100's & 100's of runs, the good packs don't drop off much at all. While it is true that new batches come out once a year, 2 packs per car, per year $120.00, I give away the old ones, or sell them cheap to the locals to use.
I don't whine to the racers and I know I'm not going to change the industry, but I would like to see my equipment be useable a year from now which I seriously doubt it will.
I like to run fast and be competitive with the top cars. To do that , you have to keep up with the times and in electric racing that can be a constant changeover of gear. Most guys at the track have laptops tuning their esc and high end chargers monitoring 90c packs, with $100 dollar plus motors .
I'd like to hear more about these $100+ motors ?
Remember when stock motors were good for maybe a month of racing, and mod motors forget about it
Brushless motors don't even show signs of wear after several seasons of 12th scale, there were guys in the A-Main at the iic this year still kicking ass with the Duo1

I am in this for the long haul so I'm not trying to discourage anyone or say that I'm getting out. I was in this before most of you and I will be here longer than most. I would like to see more control over things like boost and "c" ratings and other high dollar things that are not even necessary to have competitive racing.
No doubt that competitive racing is always going to require more attention than simply partaking in the fun
I have vented and I will be at the races on Saturday with a smile . Somebody give me a shot of scotch and I'll be okay.

Wow, I don't often bite on stink bait, but I gotta admit you reeled me in big time
At first I thought you were serious.

Well played my friend, well played

First beer is on me at iic next year

Dave Berger-aka-RedBullFiXX