R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
spooky 1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the current CRC cars and I've picked up their batteries and I do love racing and have for over 30 years. The electronics in both cars were outdated after 1 1/2 years and the new one cell stuff was pricey. I run the race program here, so I am an avid promoter and supporter of the hobby. I just want to complain about the 30c , no now 40c, no now 60c. I don't whine to the racers and I know I'm not going to change the industry, but I would like to see my equipment be useable a year from now which I seriously doubt it will. I like to run fast and be competitive with the top cars. To do that , you have to keep up with the times and in electric racing that can be a constant changeover of gear. Most guys at the track have laptops tuning their esc and high end chargers monitoring 90c packs, with $100 dollar plus motors . I am in this for the long haul so I'm not trying to discourage anyone or say that I'm getting out. I was in this before most of you and I will be here longer than most. I would like to see more control over things like boost and "c" ratings and other high dollar things that are not even necessary to have competitive racing. I have vented and I will be at the races on Saturday with a smile . Somebody give me a shot of scotch and I'll be okay.