R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 PM
hopsing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by 1armed1
Agreed, but....

When you flat land and a tower snaps there is an issue.
I have plenty up travel, you can push the chassis to the table and still pick the rear wheel up off the table 4-5mm.

The first tower I broke would have broke on any other car, it was a brutal hit as stated in my previous post, but the second was on a flat landing and that should never happen with enough up travel.

I had 2 race days and around 30 practice packs through my car before braking any parts.

The car is very good,
I did a lot of testing with a shorty pack after the mains last night and I'm liking the results.

Dayton

Here's what I think MIGHT be happening....not sure that it applies to you but I know in the three full race days I have on my car I've broke two rear towers....both times I had or was involved in a pretty good crash that had me ending up on lid pretty hard beforehand...no harm no foul BUT, what happened a few laps later were hard flant lands that ended up with broken towers I think whats happening is that the upper crossbrace is breaking right in the middle when the car lands on its "lid" hard....that then leaves no real supoprt for the remaining tower "ears" and ends up in catastrophic failure with an overley hard landing.

The reason I believe this may be the issue, at least in my case, is that I ran a full race day without breaking a tower.....and I was casing a 20ft quad HARD several times over the course of the day...and I mean HARD. I cringed everytime I came up short because I only had one spare. And that day, I never once ended up on my lid (very rare actually )

Just my observation....