R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 11:02 PM
daniz24
Regional Moderator

Default Re: TRacktion Roll

Originally posted by Pyramid
To me traction roll is a very good sign. It would means this particular car has more than enough traction compared to those that did not flip. My first priority would be lowering ride height to avoid traction roll (which is very effective); thus will still give me that tremendous tracktion that other cars dying to have! Next step would have been too easy parts to do.. get rid off those extra traction you do not need. Higher roll center as mentioned by miester D is one way to go, cutting inside front tires 2mm by, I believe, Art C is also the other way to go. Anyway, it is easier task then if I were needing to make more tracktion.
You may want to try different shock piston and oil combo with different springs and shock position also. That's the reason why Mr. Awie's car has too much traction (flip with 37 shore) but Mr. Dhanu's very comfortable with 35 shore without sacrifice lap times.

By the way, too much traction doesn't always produce faster lap times you know. it also happens on Formula 1 racing And yes indeed, lowering your ride height from 5 (front) and 6 (rear) to 4.5 (front) and 5 (rear) will make a HUGE effects.

Ready for race in Bandung next week?

From my experience, Bandung chicks are far more better than Jakarta's