R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
NikoRacing
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Is there here that could offer a translation? I am super keen to find out what Patrizio says, and it could be a while before I meet up again with one of my Italian mates that can translate.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
OOOkk.... I try to translate for you

Patrizio says...

The LAB-C02 is the natural evolution of the 01
They made an upgrade kit so that the owner of the 01 chassis can option the car and make it a 02...

The completely changed the front bulkhead's strubcture that is now similar to the C801: easier to disassemble the front upper brackets and to change differential.
And for the front end there is also a completely new antirollbar holder (with bearings). But they choose to put the blade-bars in the kit because the wire bar works well ..but in some conditions Capricorn's drivers still prefer the stock one. Infact they are also working on a new blade-bar that is not ready for now (it will be ready in a pair of weeks).

In the rear end they changed the upper bracket (similar to the 1/8) so that the camber can be adjusted by the left/right turnbucle.
The eccenters with 3 positions are now changed for 12 position ones.... and the same happened also in the front end.
This 12 position eccenters allow to set the rollcenter (low/high) and also the lenght of the brackets (internal/ext).

Also new is the belt tensioner already seen on the 1/8 car (same tension with half friction so...smoother drivetrain).

New ergal clutch that's giving excellent results on the engine's performance.

The new radio-plate:
They now have 2 different plates. The one showed on the car is the traditional one ...and option is the hight flex one that is more opened (showed somewhere in the video).
New 5th body post position.

Hot to reach the 1550gr weight........

First of all Patrizio says that sure the best legal weight would be 1600 and 1550 is really an exaggeration.

so...to put the weight down to 1543.....

1.Low profile servos
2.Titanium pivot balls (-10gr)
3.Titanium screws on the top of the car (not suggested on the bottom) -7/8gr
4.Magnesium rear bulkheads (-10gr)
5.Magnesium radioplate bulkheads (-3gr..... 6 if you have the right and left pieces. He says 3 because they still have the aluminium one on the left due to the new design for the new belt tensioner).
6.Titanium wheel axles (still not on the market.... -12gr)

and this is all.....
...but if you want to lower the weight some more (Patrizio says excellent to arrive at 1520gr) to be able to mantain the heavy engine mount (better for chassis balance)...

2 possible ways:
Shift from the traditional 1650mAh LiFe battery (72gr) to a 1000 mAh LiFe (35gr)

or

change this parts:
5.8mm balls from steel to aluminium
bracket pins from steel to titanium
titanium screw on the chassis

...that's all!!!