R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ending the boost/ramp wars for stock classes; Do you want it?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Timbulb
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most places have multiple classes, I just don't get why people can't find a class that works for them. If one class' rules are limiting how fast you want to go, then move to the next fastest class. If the fastest class is still not fast enough for you then maybe you need to bash and do speed runs in front of your house because you're obviously not there for the racing.

The funnest class we have locally is the Tamiya mini class, we have spec BL motors and speedos (Thanks ORCA) so everyone has the same electronics. Three chassis choices, and Tamiya tires only It's the closest, funnest, but slowest racing there is, so I still enjoy our TC classes that have more open esc and motor choices.

I learned early that it's not about the equipment you used, it's about how you drive it. I have the same TC equipment as the fastest guys in the club, but they still beat me easily because THEY'RE BETTER DRIVERS. And some of the fastest guys are using old equipment that most would consider useless.