R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
rx7ttlm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruknd
Ordered mine and it should be here Tuesday. All the LHS shipments are spoken for until probably after the new year so I had to go online.

This is my first touring car since the HPI RS4 Pro 3. I cannot wait to get this thing on the track at 360 v.2 in New Rochelle!

What servos are people using. I ordered the Savox 1258TG. Is this going to fit with a tekin esc and futaba rx? Should I have gotten the 1251?

I think I will go with the Tekin RS for my esc (I have an RS in my SCT and an RS Pro in my 22 and I think the pro is bigger and not necessary for 17.5 blinky).

*edit* What is everyones thoughts on the viper ESCs? They look interesting with that programing card.

What 17.5 blinky motor is working well? I like the thunder power in my sct...and I see reedy has a new one out.
It's a really good idea to run a mid height servo on this car for realistate. I run the ko 2413 for reference. Assuming you don't run a fan and have a small rx you could get away with it.

For 17.5 I have been testing a mix of thunder power, d3 and should have some team powers motors to test soon. The D3 seems to have the biggest sweet spot with good speed. Personally I run the Orion R10 esc in blinky. Great brakes compared to rs pro and other esc's. The only one that comes close is LRP sxx. Given everyone has the same horse power give or take the braking is where you can make up time esp if they are smooth with good modulation. fdr for big tracks is closer to 3.8, smaller tracks 4.2.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Con
Yep me too. I put a 1.10 shim in the left side intsead of the 1.50 shim to compensate.
Seems to have been a problem since the T3 '10.
All my cars since 2008 have been dialed with exactly the same rear toe. Check for excessive torque on fasteners or bent bulkheads etc. If you have older rear hubs swap them out and check that. IIRC a while back there was a batch of 0° hubs that varied a half degree or so. But my 2012 production kit is tits.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thanks! So if you've already got the updates to the '11, this is what you need to make a '12?

301132 T3'12 chassis
303087 T3'12 shock tower rear
302086 T3'12 shock tower front
301193 T3'12 upper deck
302526 Composite dual servo saver arm (x2)
372503 Composite servo saver X-stiff
302253 Composite steering block hard (x2)
Adam

The servo saver is a lot better, chassis etc could be called flexi flier should be smokin for asphalt. Had a decent outing with her at the Timezone GP given my radio issues. It does have a pretty wide setup window tho so should work great for the tracks that never really build a groove like some of the co tracks

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 11-19-2011 at 09:27 PM.