R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ending the boost/ramp wars for stock classes; Do you want it?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Infinite 12th
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
see the red
I am color blind

Just kidding ...lol

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
A gentle discussion about revamping stock classes as actually stock

Not to diss companies that specialize in boost/ramp/turbosizing but isn't it much more fair to racers without needing super batt's and pretty much just Tekin speedo's and the absolute best motor in a entire production

How would racing be with the motor companies having motors currently in use?
what?
Are motors equal right now? Forgive me for not being entirely clear

Are they equal? I know first hand that Team Powers motors in 17.5/13.5 are ballistic in blinky yet are all as fast as TP?
No
So there is stock motors faster than others so am I hearing you say no matter boost or blinky there is still unequal technology currently?

Would it be a fair playing ground for consumers for stock with what companies are making available in stock motor wise?
Again what?
If blinky was universally implemented could average consumer get an equal motor?

Reorganizing the classes with drivers approaching the class they are suited for without fear of being beat by technology when as good drivers they have a real chance at winning A mains
good drivers win no matter what. Technology advances no matter what.
You are correct but regardless of Technology advancement is it easier for drivers who can obtain similar quality components be able to stand greater against current great drivers hence creating even greater competition and making greater classes and maybe turnouts cause of equal ground for races?

It would an adjustment for some to race in a class that might be not usual for them since if someone wants to say race 13.5 boosted but only blinky is offered hence modified just got an extra racer?
restricted motor boosted vs. mod are two very different things.
In trying to relay my curiosity I think I could have been more clear. I was saying if 13.5 racers who couldn't boost past a blinky atmosphere would that cause more drivers to move "up" an class to perhaps balance out the classes

Would an implemented "blinky" only atmosphere expose who the really great racers are not being dependent on technology to give them a win even if they must mostly depend on a master setup and drive great to win these races and subsequent titles?
The best drivers still win
No one can contest that but sometimes when the playing field is made or monitored more equally then other drivers appear and drivers who would normally stay in a class they are used to might move up or down driving depending of course. I am curious of the adjustment also when classes are reorganized because of technology specs being equal hence one speedo is for fast or drivers not an variable as important as setup/driving

Blinky vs. Boost/Ramp/Turbosizing?

You be the judge
I'm still working on quoting bear with me please

@Robotech/DesertRat/Joe Maxey

Thanks

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 11-19-2011 at 09:15 PM.