R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - opinions needed on nitro monster trucks
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
honda237
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Thats most likely because you didnt shim the bevel gears properly or at all, or didnt bother to do routine maintenance to check them for grooving(which they will do over time). From the factory the bevel gears use no or only one shim per bevel gear. I have found that for proper backlash setting a combo of 2 or 2 opposing 3 is correct for shimming the bevel gears in the diff cups. If you dont do this the bevel gears will float excessively and grive the diff pins which regardless should be replaced every 3-4 gallons of hard use anyway or when they start to develop a groove pattern where the gears ride them.

As fo9r your broken outdrive cup from your BL LST2 I answered the most probable cause of issue in the other thread and how to properly correct that potential issue when using a KV motor.
Yep, everything is good, shimmed, Ect. Ya I'm big on maintenance, just a month ago, I put new driveshafts(cheaper just to replace then rebuild), bearings, pins, fluids,Ect. I try to do this on a regular bases if things are worn. It's no fun taking your truck somewhere and it breaks because you didn't check it over. I've broke more trans pins then diffs, but again I'm running brushless, its different then nitro, but its still my opinion. I feel then need to be a little bit longer, there is to much side to side play, if you know of an alternative, let me know. I love my lst, and always will.
Yep answered you, slipper is set fine, nice and loose. Lol

Now let's quit argueing about something stupid, and let the OP get what he deserves, EVERYONE'S OPINION, not 2 or 3 people argueing over why one truck is better.