R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 11-19-2011, 05:52 AM
heretic
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
If its really low grip you might want it to roll a little more? Maybe softer oil also (40wt is standard, try 30wt)

I found the kit setup didnt turn really well... Maybe your car is easy to drive but if it is understeering maybe you could fix that also... Use a little less rear toe (For stock classes) for starters...
I should have mentioned that the only thing I tried to change from the box setup was, hum... going down to 30wt (AE oil). It didn't change as much as I expected but it felt a little easier ( not sure about laptimes though because the carpet picks up a bit of grip suddenly after the 2nd qualification usually.)

I definitely will try a bit less toe-in because indeed the rear end is planted, but most of my fellow racers use between 3 and 3.5 degrees. I had the winner of our race ( really, really good driver) drive my car during the lunch break and he was positive about the handling and told me to change nothing. Which I did. But I'm pretty sure I would have been faster with my fk05, haha

Could you explain the idea behind widening the rear track with +1mm between the bulkhead and the inner hingepin mount ? (i.e. like the manual says)

I noticed for example S.Weiss' sheet from the photon wiki has removed it, going to 0mm at the front of the arm, and 2.4mm at the back of the arm.

Why ?

thanks again !