R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - opinions needed on nitro monster trucks
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
honda237
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Drivetrain on the XL is definetly not in the same class as the XXL. No question about it. I have seen too many drivetrains grenade just in the last 2 months alone on Savage rollers.

I am without question baised towards the XXL, but thats due to the overall package and design of the vehicle, not because its a Losi product. Losi just happens to make the best MT currently. 1/5th scale I prefer the HPI 5SC SS, 1/10 scale I prefer the AE SC10, 1/8th scale SC and truggy it again is AE with their SC8 and RC8T CE, but 1/8th scale MT its LOSI all the way. Im very selective about my rollers, needs to be rugged, handle well, good aftermarket support....in other words the complete package.
Are you sure it was the 29/9 machined bulletproof diffs and the super heavy duty drive shafts and cups? Were they properly shimmed? Ive only heard of a one guys blow that diff with a nitro and he was running a ecrm picco .28 and ecrm endbleed. The three speed sucks, but a pretty simple mod makes the 3 speed bulletproof. It's the same basic parts as the flux, which it holds up pretty well too.
There is a difference in xl/ flux drivetrain than the other savages.

I'm not against the lst, I love my lst2, and I love my savages, and I loved my original lst when I had it. I'm actually thinking about getting a nitro lst, because I miss my nitro lst. I am just posting my findings.

That 5t looks pretty sweet, the size of 5th scale always gets me though, their so huge.