R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Bigz84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Seems like lowering the rear hinge pins came up more than one and changing the rear toe to around 2 as well. I will give those a try. I need a simple place to start as the races are tonight and I haven't time for a rebuild.

Gonna keep the narrow front width as when I had it wider I couldn't make the turns, now I have plent of turn in. The trouble appears to be mid corner on power. The rear break loose as I don't think the weight is getting over fast enough.

So far I am going to lighten the rear shocks, reduce to 2 degree camber in the rear, and lower the inner suspension pin mounts.

Scoop, are you saying my droop needs to be closer to my ride height? As is stands now I have 2mm droop in the front and 3mm in the rear. I use those spaces to record my droop measurements, not the actual downstops as I find that changes from car to car. My numbers most likely 5 in the rear ans 6 up front if I had to guess. Wouldn't reducing the droop in the rear cause less weight to be shifted right to left as well as front to back. I think I need the weight to transfer right to left.

I did end up cutting the rear deck as many people have reported success doing it. If I don't like it I can always get a replacement.
let me know how you liked the cut top deck and what your car's reaction was. I'm curious on what it will do on a carpet track w/ low/med bite, please...