R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW TO RC, help connecting wires to reciever
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Froggyhonkey
Tech Rookie

Default NEW TO RC, help connecting wires to reciever

I just bought a Losi Aftershock limited. I am new to the hobby. Someone on the phone told me to disconnect the wires from the receiver. That turned out to be a mistake. I tried to reconnect them but when I turn on the car, the radio doesn't work and the unit starts to smoke. it smells like burnt plastic.

How do I reconnect the wires from the battery to the reciever?
I looked though the manual, but I can't tell which way the plugs go. There aren't any pictures and it doesn't tell me which plug goes into steering, which goes into throddle, and there is a third plug that only has two prongs, connected to the start switch. Yet the reciever has three on each. I don't know which two to connect them two.

also there are two connections that have three wires, a red orrange and brown. There is a third connection that has two wires, red and brown. I was told the connection with two wires, goes on the AUX and the two connections with three go on the throttle and steering.

I can not figure out which way the connections go. They continue to smoke when I turn on the truck.

I am still confused on how to set it up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rc receiver small.jpg
Views:	1646
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	835016