R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Rule 8.2.3 regarding shorty packs
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
This whole mentality of progress for progress' sake is disturbing to me. Why can we concentrate on the racing more than on new, new, new! As soon as every chassis has it's own special battery that allows for the most optimal layout then we are all going faster and we'll just end up making 17.5 class the 19.5 class.

More money for RC companies I guess, right? As long as Horizon, Great Planes, etc are able to push more product someone will be happy (maybe the top 1% of RC business people, hahaha). It won't grow the hobby to have cars that use bespoke battery packs. There is already a glut of battery types and connector styles clogging up hobby store shelves.

Although...if 1/12th and 1/10th cars could use the same 'shorty' then I would be all for battery size reform. Of course then 1/12 would have to go 2S...oh god, the worms- the can just exploded. And, I'd need to buy a new touring car, and new packs, ugh, getting expensive now.
I believe Sedan would opt-in on the 1s strategy before the faster cars batteried up more.

12th scale even has Roars' blessing to run boosted