R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Pokey72
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default M06 / Mini rules

Thank you guys ! I appreciate all your input and information....I do have to make some purchases and I'm just trying to make an informed decision about a car and a class I know nothing about. They don't race mini much at Lou's, or in St.C so I have to go by what people suggest.

Yes - I posted questions on RCTECH and our local forums to get a feel for the general rules. It seems each club is doing different rules...ORCA motor ESC combo vs Hobbywing ESC motor combo etc....are they both the 13t sensorless??? Locked timing etc?

It still boils down to same old problem that this sport cost alot of money! Especialy when I'm trying to race a certain class and my son wants to be invloved too. My son has done VTA and it's full of hacks. I don't want him to learn that way! We tried toruing car but he kept breaking the car's front end and it was frustrating for both of us. I thought perhaps 1/12 but at this race last weekend it proved that doesn't even work with other drivers.

I'm just trying to keep costs down by not having to buy MORE gear just to race a class that is suppose to promote the sport and provide an even playing field. I have an old silver canned Mabuchi 540 and GTX ESC that I hope will be fine at most tracks.

If not it might be time to rethink the whole RC thing. This sport is suppose to be fun - not stressful - or come with deep pockets - but it does so I have to pick and choose!