R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - **THE** pro4 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 07:03 AM
414m2
Tech Addict

hey everybody,

I have recently bought a pro4 and would like to ask some questions.

I got the new kit version which also includes:
- V1.1 gear sets
- Purple Alu One way gear Brace
- Universals (like tamiya ones) instead of CVD's
I think thats it.

I have encountered a few problems while building the kit:

When building the diff I used Ceramic diff balls instead of the carbide ones and for some reason when i put the diff together it wasn't smooth. As you spun the diff it was loose then tightened up then went loose again and so on. I rebuilt the diff again and again but it made no difference. Has anybody experienced this before or may know what is causing the problem?

The other problem which i have seen before on other cars is that the rear diff's bevel gear wabbles left and right which caused uneveness in the drivetrain. To get rid of the uneven binding i shimmed the bevel gear further away from the smaller gear. Does anyone know how to fix the wabble in the diff gear?

One last thing, After completing the car, putting the wheels on and giving it a revv the front left one-way outdrive wabbles or moves in and out causing a vibration and a clicking noise. When you break to let the front wheels spin the vibration is more apparent. Could it be the diff is not sitting flush? The right side's outdrive is perfect. Could it be a warped outdrive or something wrong with the one way itself?

If there is anything else i find that causes trouble or is interesting I will post it up.

Thanks