R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Dog Bone
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, I recently purchased a Team EPIC D3 "Monster Horsepower" 13.5t to run in a boosted touring car class. I'm using a Tekin RS as a speedo.

I've got a problem where I have excessive 'drag' brake during corner entry. I quote 'drag' since I have no drag brake specified on the speedo. The only thing I can think of is that the motor itself is causing the drag. I've noticed that there's quite a bit of 'cog' in the motor when you rotate the wheels by hand - strong magnets, I assume.

I'd like the motor to run a bit freer; my first thought was to add some push control, but it (strangely enough) didn't have any effect. I know in 1/12 that push control works extremely well, allowing the car to roll through the corners better. However, it doesn't seem to have much effect with the D3.

Anyone have any suggestions? The drive train runs free, so I don't think the issue comes from that.

Thanks!

(I'm also going to post this on the DUO 3 thread, just in case someone there doesn't read the Tekin forum. Apologies if this offends).