R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
panic-rev
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I'm not sure if you have your 210 yet or not, but this piece looks REALLY fragile.... my point is, maybe if this piece were stronger, nothing at ALL would break.
I don't have mine, so good heads up if this piece looks a little suspect.

Cush took a shot on a front wheel from another car (blowing the corner entry) and stripped the servo arm. It seems the plastic servo arm is the weak link. I threw an aluminum one on it and no issues since.
But your servo could be next in line. Sketchy. I'm thinking plastic is the play.

As far as "something's gotta give/break", just from past experience, the force of an impact has to manifest itself somewhere. So if the least important part, or cheap and easy fix is the part that breaks, then cool. To me, this would be a bent/warped (but not snapped) ballcup. This way the car keeps going, then you replace when race is over. But to hope you are getting a car that doesn't break ever is a little optimistic. Not sure you said or even meant that. Don't want to start a debate cuz I think this is pretty common knowledge......"fix the easiest part and cheapest part on the car in the event of an impact" . I think we can all agree on that.

That said, I think I'll order the Carbon Fiber steering plate since you are saying the stocker seems weak. But for now, im leaving plastic servo horn!! Thanks folks.