R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IDM Products?
Thread: IDM Products?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
HHH
Tech Regular

I recently got the .12 RCW Factory Tuned and need some input/tips. It is my first IDM. It has 3.5L of 16% through it.

1. The rubber boot/sleeve that covers the sliding part of the throttle leaks at the low speed needle end. This has happened since tank one. The engine idles well and usually some gunk will build up and make a bit of a seal. There is some gunk that has formed below it on the fuel tank. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried?

2. The engine runs best between 120C to 130C; or ~250F to 265F. When I stop the engine at this temp, and especially if I run it out of fuel, I have to let it cool down about 5 mins to start again. If I cover the pipe stinger and try starting it, sometimes I can get fuel in and the engine started again, but not quickly. Is this normal? It would make me nervous to race an engine that cannot be re-started easily (say as compared to a Nova). Any tips?

3. I have been running the 2651 pipe and manifold kit. I also got the 2617 pipe only. The 2617 is much larger at the manifold connection. Do I need a special manifold for the 2617? Anyone know the part number? Know of any other manifolds that work?

Thanks for any input.

Sam Craig

Last edited by HHH; 11-14-2011 at 01:16 AM.