R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Shadows
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the "groove" exist in the "gap" after installing the thrust bearings inside the outdrive. Made sure the thrust bearings are seated correctly and the whole unit (3 piece) is all the way in. When installing the cir-clip / snap ring (best to do it with some proper cir-clip pliers, but can be achieved without.. just have to be careful to not bend the cir-clip out of shape) it will spring back on itself, thus filling the gap and effectively "closes" and locking the thrust bearing in place. The circlip has a different edge on either side. One is slightly rounded/ beveled from production press, and the other side is flat. Make sure the rounded side is facing towards the thrust cage washer.

Originally Posted by mjealey
All right, I admit I am not an expert on ball difs and want to make sure I do it right. The Durango diff is a little different than the Losi diff I have experience with. I am a little confused on how to properly install the snap ring. I did not see a groove or anything for it to fit in, but I am pretty sure I did everything right. The diff feels nice and smooth and before I go any further I want to make sure it is right. Someone please give me some good instructions or a video of how to do this diff correctly. I know the Durango is a little different and want to make sure it is right?

Last edited by Shadows; 11-11-2011 at 09:49 AM.