R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Efra rules
Thread: New Efra rules
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Thybaut
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
Also on a Dutch forum a guy running a 733 is wondering how to loose 150 gram.
I think I’m that guy. And I have to lose almost 250 gram

I have a 733 EVO with two Savox 1257 servo’s a LiFe recieverpack and normal tires and body. Race ready (no fuel) my car weights almost 1800 gram. The Savox servo’s are a bit heavy and I could use lightweight tires and body. New lighter servo’s will be a big investment for me and not really an option as I’m a poor student. Beside that I don’t like lightweight tires and body’s as I have seen them break a lot more often than standard one’s. Again this will increase the running costs. Even when I make these changes I doubt if I will get near 1550 gram.
I understand why some people want a lower weight limit, but lowering it to 1550 gram is a far to big step. At every race I will attend which use the 1550 gram limit I will feel like I have a disadvantage from the start. And this will take away the fun for me as I won’t have a fair chance. The gap between the fast guys which probably will be able to make the weight limit and the slower guys (me) which don’t have the latest and lightest stuff will only increase. This is something you don’t want I think.

What car’s will be able to make the 1550 gram weight limit? I know the Capricorn but are there others?
What can I do to lower the weight of my car without big investments? Any help is appreciated!