R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Picco TORQUE versus Novarossi topic
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Picco engine really good engine. But not in same league as novarossi. If I had to chose between a picco 21 and a plus 35 steel bearing I'd take the latter.

And as for the pts tuned definately you get what your paying for in power and reliabilty. And technology.
In the past I would agree with you but not today. The new Piccos are the real deal while the Novas are still mostly good but I'm seeing far more duds than I used to from them.

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Kangaroo won nats last year. Novarossi won pe worlds worlds and this years nats. As well as a long list of others. A plus 35 steel bearing motor under 400 bucks is beastly. And new kangaroos are 329 or so. Another solid motor.

Your paying less and getting less. The thing is your the distributors buddy so your really payin less. Lol
Name one world class driver that was running a Picco at this years nats. I can't think of any. Scotty Gray made the TC podium with a Picco but every other top driver was running Nova and driver makes all the difference. My picco was not outpowered by anyone. Only the driver and set-up sucked. As for Paolo, he could have won that race with a five year old test mule of a motor. Everyone else was trying to run fast and they destroyed themselves, Paolo was the only one that drove a smooth and trouble free race. He didn't win it on HP.