R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI's new 1/18th Monster Truck- The Mini Recon
Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
nerdyrcdriver
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
What made the Propulse fail was its initial price and Radio Shacks liberal return policy. The reason your getting them for $50 now is in NJ there is a warehouse full of them.....
The Propulse was supposed to sell for $100. When they initially released them the bumped up the price to $150....People bought them broke them and Radio shack couldnt fix them so people returned them...Then RadioShack dumped them all back at Megatech......Now Megatech had to refurbish thousands....and you can get them for $50....

The HPI at $99 is a great deal....2.4 too...
1/18th scale racing is no longer as big as it once was....the masses realize most 1/18th scales are money pits and it is cheaper to go bigger....

Thanks for the little history lesson . (not a sarcastic tone) I never said the recon was a bad deal, I plan on picking one up when I have the money.

Oh, to whoever said tacon and stuff is crap, its not! While I run castle in my blitz, I cant wait to run a hobbywing 120a esc instead of my sidewinder!