R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
HarryLeach
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I think I need a spreadsheet thing, or need to start alphabetizing them. They're not all in one spot, or even in the same building now.
Really something you should do for yourself. I have a spreadsheet I use for my WWII Rifle collection, and it's a great way to keep tabs without a lot of guesswork about what you have, or need/want to pick up in the future.

If you add pictures for each car, the file size can grow pretty large, so watch out for that. Once you get the basic sheet started, it's fairly simple to add macros to make searching for a particular car really easy.

On my rifle sheet, I have things like: type, Arsenal/Factory of origin, approximate date of manufacture, caliber, serial number, storage location, as well as a photo.

For your RC collection, I think a good start would be: brand, scale, model, approximate date of manufacture, drive train type, storage/display location, Notes/distinguishing features, and a photo or 2. Once that's done, it's usually a fairly straightforward process to get it into a web format, if you wanted to do that.