R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Cuda, from what I'm reading on the TQ Racing site, you are using the hard compounds on the rear and the soft on the front? Normally I would think that it would be the other way around. Are you racing on asphalt or carpet? I race on carpet myself.

I didn't know that the Pit tires mount to foam rims; how does that work?!
Don't get confused by the labels, the "hard" rears are stickier than any other tire out there and hold up much better than their other "softs", you will be welcoming all the steering you'll get from the matching fronts. 571 and 572 will rock that 104 on both surfaces.
Originally Posted by texastc
They do mount to foam rims, but they mount to Ride rims a little better for my taste. Easier anyway. Foam rims a lot cheaper though.
Mounting the tires on the 104 foam rims is cake, just get em on the right way, the lip folds over the outside of the rim and the inside mounts flush with the rim.

If the Ride rims are the same crap quality as their 103 rims, I'd run from those also. One hit and they break like glass and the tire goes to shit.