View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hermit 713
As far as manufactures goes....
Example...Associated...came out with a T6...but yet they don't have gear
diffs and this is what people want...so they are going to release a new model with a gear diff. included....also they include alum. shocks....

Well hear is what guys that own these cars have to say about it...

The shocks are not good, and the gear diffs can be a hit or miss...
the gears can be off so much that they wobble...ect...
The button head screws are horrible...and the list goes on...

I can get a T6 for 150$ less... but I wouldn't purchase it because all
I see on the forums are how they all have to mod it all up so it is reliable.

You don't have to do ANYthing on this car....That speaks volume.. and it is reliable and precise, and everything works well...out of the box...

The Associated gear diff for the TC6 has been out about two weeks. Show me where people are having widespread problems with it. There were some issues with the Spec R gear diff which is not an Associated product. As far as the rest of what you've heard about the TC6 I haven't seen those issues myself and I actually own one and have raced against a number of people who own them. I've yet to hear anything negative about the shocks or reliability issues. Are the fasteners that great, no. Spend $5 for some screws and you are set. I'm not arguing T3 vs. TC6 quality as the XRay wins hands down but your claims of how the TC6 needs mods out of the box to be reliable are laughable.

Anyway back to the T3 2012. This looks to be another fantastic car. Love my M18. Maybe one day I'll step up to its big brother.