R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution IV
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Juan Aveytia
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bustanut666
i am also running a spool up front with regular arms. Have not picked up the short arms yet. Also, i only have the suspension mounts that came with the car, believe its A. car seems fine on a high bite track.. not so great on the tamiya usa track though, rear kicks out alot...

at this point, i am just trying to make the car more tweak resistant thats why i wanted to know if chopping off the top of that mount would help... or maybe not even using some of the screws on the top mount to maybe losen it up...
I use the metal support instead of the plastic one. The plastic one, if you over tighten will tweak the car. Sounds like you may have your shocks laid down too much in the rear. At the tamiya track, I would run yellows all arounds or blue front/ yellow rear, 6 and 5 droop, 5 mm ride height, 1 1/2 camber and shocks 40wt front and rear with shocks in middle hole. And make adjustments with shocks from there. Use the 3 holes side on the arms and use the middle hole of the three. I would start the camber links as long as possible with a slight angle. If your diff sucks, that will make the car spin out in corners all day long.