R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LIPO,,ESC,,MOTOR..WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
RogerDaShrubber
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
to get more speed i need tires??
Yes, of all the things you listed, changing one or the other is going to at best give you 1 second per lap change, tires on the other hand is going to give you up to 3 seconds per lap, just by using better tires in a compound that suits the surface and temperature. The difference between 1 blinky mode esc, 17.5T motor and lipo is minimal and all things being equal, the place you will gain the most speed for the least investment is in gearing and tires. Those two things right there are about 95% of everything, with the other 5% made up of setup and choice of motor, esc and lipo.

As an example, a RTR out of the box on my local track did say 33 second laps, changed from nmhi to lipo gave 1 second improvement, changed tires gave 2.5 sec improvement, changed from stock brushed motor to brushless stock spec combo gave 1 second improvement, changed gearing have 2 seconds improvement, gave it a good setup, ride height, toe, camber gave another second improvement, this left the car about 1.5 seconds off the pace of the good drivers, of all the things, tires gave the most increase.

Now this might all mean nothing to you, but, you gave no idea of where your car is at in terms of your development of it and so i have assumed that it is in its infancy where the things i mentioned will make a lot of difference.