R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Jinjiro7
Tech Apprentice

Johnny,

You can ditch the servo mount plate and just use double sided tape to mount the servo and use the inner servo mount for added security.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I found that the hard arms gave a fast lap but made the car harder to drive on what I would call a med traction carpet track. Found more consistency with the Med parts. More testing required on that.

With the torsion bar holder, I just center the bar then center the collar in the holder and only snug it down making sure that the collar doesn't twist.

Adam you will like this car, if not just on the color alone.

I am running the RevTech big batteries and in order to get the car balanced out I have to run the cell out a bit. To get consistent spacing on the battery I took the front screw out of the motor mount and use 2 of the 3 mm spacers with a round head screw, this keeps the battery from moving in. I had to make my own front piece that I can screw in or out to get the pack even in the car.

I got my car used off of here, so it had some laps on it already.

The steering rack mod has really helped take the sloop out of steering.

One thing to watch out for, is if you use the steering servo mount, make sure that you tighten the 2 nuts and screws that hold the plate onto the chassis. I had the steering trim going off and found that even though the screws where tight the assembly still moved off and wasn't square with the chassis. Just enough to change the centering of the car. I'm going to run this setup again and if it moves I will have to consider more extreme means to secure that item.