R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM
hopsing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Ran my 210 for the first time last night....woo hoo!!

Even with way too thick of rear oil (40wt Losi oil cause I had some when I put the car together), the car was great out of the box.

A drop to 32.5wt in the rear (30wt might be even a little better) and it was even better.

A change in the lower front shock position got me some more off power mid corner steering (moved the bottom to inside hole on arm)

Set ride height to 24mm all the way around...kit springs...3 gear rear motor....med grip clay track.

I have 5 TOTAL runs on this car and am already within 3-5 tenths on average of the fast guys that run the layout 2-3 times a week (this was my 2nd time on the layout and first with the 210....and I wasnt even close with my "other" car)

Some more time and tuning on the car it will be stellar (it really already is!)

On to the talk of diff problems.....I did have an issue with mine during practice right after the car's second run.....diff started slipping BAD (not barking, just slipping like a slipper), yet the diff action was SUPER tight (but still smooth)

After taking off a million screws to get the trans out I found the diff gear was able to wobble slightly yet the diff felt really tight. Disassembled the diff to check the thrust assembly and noticed the snap ring didnt look like it was seated correctly like when I first put it together (you could tell because the open end of the clip was really close together) Took a flathead screwdriver and "twisted" it in the opening while pushing on the snap ring and it "clicked" into place. Somehow I may have not got the snap ring fully seated in the groove inside the outdrive and when I tightened the diff screw it pushed on the assembly and actually pushed the snap ring out of the groove....which would cause everything to "squish" together and bind up (why the diff was soo tight) as well as try to force the outdrives away from each other (which is probably why the diff gear was now wobbly).

So, MAKE SURE THE SNAP RING IS FULLY SEATED IN THE OUTDRIVE AND LOCKED INTO THE GROOVE TIGHT!!

I suspect this may be everyones problem with the diffs slipping..... after my "fix" I put on 3 more runs with no issues, a super smooth diff and no slipping or barking.