R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattW
Rick, those axle spacings you mention - what wheel is that with?? I'm just wondering if it's possible to use the longer (R5/L4) diff hub with a parma wheel and 5.1 pod.
This is with the CRC wheel. The longer hub and Parma wheel may be too wide.

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Of course I'm down.
Have talked to the Norcal guys and have raced at Norcal a few times already.
Killer crew up there.
But if you want Rick to show up you better include WCRC, he and the Blue team pretty much live there, and rarely show up at TQ to run on the rug.

Just a reminder...
The ROAR Region 12 indoor regional race is at TQ on Jan15 2012.
I'll be racing the Regionals. Any secret to keeping traction for a full 8 minutes?

Rumor is that the Nats will be at WCRC so will be doing some 1/12 there as well.

Originally Posted by jrp
So if you remove the two shims on the diff side, will the rear end be narrow enough to be legal with CRC wheels, and if so, it would now be offset, right ?
Originally Posted by Kave
I have been under the impression that you cannot make it down to 172 with the CRC tires but I could be incorrect as I do not have a car with me right now to check.
It is barely too wide by .5mm per side or so. If you are racing where this is teched you will have to file the wheel down slightly which is pretty easy to do while you are truing tires.

I find that this spacing centers the axle even with an unequal number of shims on each side. I never change the axle so it is possible that each axle is slightly different and requires different shimming.

Originally Posted by racing_jason
Rick,
On this set up does mike use the center brace on the front end? its the first one to not have it removed that ive seen.
Thanks Jason
As far as I know Mike runs the brace.