R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 AM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey John,

all good points. Some comments from my side:

AARCMCC seem to have no interest in SCT. A proposal was made for SCT classes many months ago with no response at all. Im very disappointed with the lack of direction from them on this issue. But there is no reason why ORRCA Vic cant schedule it as a class (like they do with 540) even if it isnt an AARCMCC class.

Valid point re not going our own direction with truck, but Id sure rather see a strong single field than 2 smaller fields.

Mod truck has definitely had very low numbers of late. Question is: is this because no one wants to run mod truck, or because many guys who run 2w or 4w stock also want to run truck but have to run stock as cross entry isnt allowed? I dont have the answer on this one. Will the 22T increase entries?

Interesting times ahead.

Ray

Originally Posted by john watkins
My thoughts, I also think SCT is a MUST. Not convinced about combined stock and mod truck, as we are going in completely the wrong direction from AARCMCC. If your talking pure numbers you might need to think about dropping mod classes (just an example not a flame) as the stock numbers are higher at all the Vic rounds.
10 stock trucks at wadonga bash as opposed to 3 mod trucks.
We need to align as close as possible to national rules. There is no point running our own set of rules all year just have issues come National times. Especially if one of the VIC clubs is to host a Nationals at some point in the future.
It would be easier to put a proposal to AARCMCC to make SCT official , and a separate one to dump stock truck if that is they direction we want to head.
I know Bam Bam put together a proposal for SCT and from what I hear it's a really solid starting point.
Unfortunaly (or fotunalty) Vic is really strong in off road EP and has alot of power to swing votes nationally. Whatever we start to implement at other big meets will/may have the effect of starting a snowball interms of classes and class rules. We need to be careful.