R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM
FauxMako
Tech Addict

Huh, mines got uni's in the front and bones in the rear. I got my chassis used. I should look at the book to see if mines backwards.

The rod ends/balls are 4.8mm. Doesn't match any of the other cars I have (HPI Sprint 2, OFNA JL10e, TC3). I broke a rod end on the steering (was running with no servo saver at the time). Other than that I haven't broken anything. I went ahead and ordered a set of the 4.8mm rod ends so I've got spares now.

If you do get the vert motor mount, be prepared to dremel the FRP top plate or get the upgrade one. The vert motor mount isn't required but it definitely makes gear changes much easier. If your spur gear doesn't have holes big enough to put a driver through you'll have a hard time getting gear mesh right without the vert motor mount.

The front belt is very tight. Either stretch it or get the alu spur holder and 19T pullies. Note that the stock plastic spur gear holder has 20T pullies that aren't removeable (ask me how I know that).

I'm going to look for replacement turnbuckles, the ones that I've got the raised portion in the center that normally is hex shaped is round, so you have to use pliers to adj them instead of a wrench. Not sure if this is a quality issue or something else. I just need to get lengths for all of them and find some replacements.