R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 F1 racing OZ style
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM
cannon
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
The thing i like about f1 here ,is the relaxed motor and speedy rules. There is only so much power you can put down with these in general, before you break out the rear end.

I geared my f104 up at Penrith with the mini combo, mainly to soften the bottom end, pulled the throttle e.p.a back to 60% and added some exponential as well. It was driveable, despite the poor surface grip .
I have no doubt that a zero timed , sensored motor would give better low end control. The 17.5s spoken about will still get up and go quite hard. In the States , they use 21.5 blinky , together with 540 .

I personally like the sound of a 21.5 boosted and timing advance on the can. This should be nice and gentle in the slower, tighter turns, while getting along at an entertaining speed on the straights.

This is what i will go with , when i pick up an fgx in the future.
Being flexible on power systems allows people to use what they already have lying around. The goal is getting people in, as racing two other guys isnt much fun.......
21.5 boosted will produce a lot more power and torque than a completely untimed system