R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Firstly it's so sad for a great city like Bangkok to be so afflicted.

Originally Posted by flatusboy
Ive been a Hobbywing fan for a few years now, started with the Xerun 80A in my 1/8 buggies and have since expanded it to include all my Aircraft ESC. Absolutely love the HW stuff!

I'm getting back into 1/12 racing and I will only be racing 17.5 blinky mode. I'm looking to get the XERUN-120A 1s ESC. I havent read every post in this thread (yet), but from what I have read;

- That ESC doesnt need a booster or Rx pack?
- To run in Blinky mode I need to download the 508(?) firmware?

Is that still true, or does the most current build have a blinky mode?

What is everyones opinion of the 1s ESC?

Thanks in advance
1s does not need a booster as has the 6v circuitry built in and is auto switching 1s / 2s.

Now.......

Cat among the pigeons time ..........

Can we have a bit of chatter on here about advanced timing on ESC's. Ran 21.5 today and car was quick but uber hot. A guy in our class was running a brushed 27T motor and finished 5th, this got me to thinking about maybe we are looking at Boost and timing with a little too much dependency.

At 1600kv the 21.5 HW has a rev range of 0 to 13440 RPM, in unboosted mode (508 et al) it seems that the unboosted guys are running FDR's around the 3.0 to 3.5 range. Now I wondered if we took an FDR around 3.0 to 4.0 with a start RPM of 12,000 RPM, (for example) with maybe 20 points of timing at 250ACC, followed by maybe 20 points of turbo (slope 18) could this be a way of melding the grunt of unboosted with a limited amount of timing, someone who is very good with the setting of these ESC's suggested today that using all 64points and starting too low in the rev range does not give any benefit other than vast amounts of heat.

I wondered in the absence of anything new to talk about we could have some ideas from the members here to see if this was something people thought was doable.

To help me out with my plan to start trying this out from unboosted and adding small amounts of timing could some kind soul post an FDR for a largish track for 21.5 unboosted.

Am adding thoughts as I have them, can anybody give a clue as to the torque characteristics of HW motors, ie 13.5 17.5 21.5, an actual power figure would also be useful, as the KV rating only gives a guideline for RPM's a wattage figure would give a useful idea of the actual usable power but a measurement of unboosted torque would be ideal. I truly believe that we are approaching the boosted softwares in the wrong way and maybe it is time for a rethink, please help me out and discuss opinions as more information is obviously better than none.

Thanks in advance guys

Cherry

Last edited by cherry2blost; 10-30-2011 at 01:46 PM.