R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Attention LST2 Tramsission Experts....
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Herrsavage
Tech Champion

Near brand-new tranny and 2-speed. Definitely not a slipping issue.

It's the stupid little de-linking mechanism inside the tranny. Actually, the stupid part is that the mechanism is controlled by a flimsy little piece of plastic outside, and that it was so easily shifted out of place when I tried to ziptie it.

Yesterday while running, it would go in a straight line, then when I went to turn around and come back, it would go into neutral. So I'd have to walk over, and push the lever towards the back.

I know this is crazy, I've been running LST2's forever, and should know this. But my 1st LST2 has always had reverse just like stock, and with this second one, I started out with an Aftershock transmission which I gear-flipped. I DID have OWB slippage issues from running small truggy tires. But this now is not a slippage issue. In fact, when engaged, the truck was shredding pretty nicely. Dynamite Big Red and Terra-Pins, and it was wheelying with authority.. - moreso than in my basher with the heavier stock LST2 wheels and tires...

I just forgot all about the FOC thing, and had thought you can just remove the servo and forget reverse after I threw in an XXL tranny. Wrong..

Now I'm just kind of worried about jerry-rigging it and having to go back and take everything out again.. Kind of a PIA to get the tranny out and apart and back together and back in...