R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Resizing service, anyone try that?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 10:17 AM
cdelong
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

let me explain my experiences with both:

osrocket- in my opinion... too tight of a resize. It wears on the starter box and wears on the sleeve before you even get it running- not to mention the rod.... the poor rod takes abuse here. I had a resize from him and this was just my experience. lost seal rather quickly. this is just my opinion.

rayAracing- in my opinion... best resize for the money. ray is aware of the importance of a seal in the port area and at TDC, and this in my opinion is what makes him superior in his field. if you don't seal the port area- don't bother resizing. pinch at TDC only will gain marginal life and performance. ray is aware and seals (resizes) both areas. his resize will not kill your starter box or your wallet (rod life). heat relieving is also perfromed to relax the metals after resizing. grain flow of the metals is important in these little buggers!!

for my hard earned dollar RayA wins the job every time!! Ray A is also near the top of the points chart at our local track and we trade paint weekly, so I know his stuff performs well!!

Corey DeLong