R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Kevin CBR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Your missing my point, we don't want all Integras or Scirocco's or whatever body works best with the stock wing. Having a large variety of bodies in any class is very cool.
With the Tamiya option wing you can spend more time learning set-up an less money trying different bodies and finding a set-up for each one and then decide which one you like best, again back to the most popular body! More wing creates a more stable car which banging fenders won't disrupt the car while racing. With no wing the slightest tap could send you spinning. Come on we had a blast last weekend diceing it out and we were all very equal in speed and handling and we were all using option wing.

As far as using brushless well I think all of you know where I stand on that but the only reason were not using a Tamiya system wasn't because of 2.4 frequency, that was their non-sensored systems, the newer sensored systems had no issues.
After talking to Fred, he didn't want Tamiya to get into issues with warranty on ESC's, BL motors etc, etc, this would cause delays with TCS races and Tamiya would have to maintain a larger inventory of enough motors and ESC's to cover any issues of reliabilities.
I saw Andrew running a 16t BL Tamiya motor and it ran very well with other motors.I wouldn't have minded using their systems.
I think Fred rather let the aftermarket companies deal with customer service and warranty issues!
Just my 2$
I ran the same body in FF03 all year, with stock wing and was very happy and it was not an Integra. If we switch from silver can to brushless, we can actually have brakes in the FF03's and I think that will help reduce the bump and runs. Silver cans in FF03 was like running a 1-way. Misjudge a little on your braking and not matter how hard you wanted to miss the guy in front, the "chrome horn" took it's toll. I like the idea of brushless and kit wings on FF bodies only.