R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 PM
jdeadman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boomer
Looks like he's using a lighter oil with a lighter spring - this will get him more traction, and is balanced between the oil and spring.

A: you have to be balanced between the oil and spring. If the oil is heavy, the spring won't be able to move the arm; if the spring is too heavy, the oil will not be damping the action. Needs to be balanced, and his seems to be right there.

B: He's running a slower class - 25.5 is definitely not 10, so a lighter spring/oil combination is appropriate. A hotter motor will put more force to the suspension and make it work, thus a heavier spring/oil combo; he's running stock so a lighter spring/oil combo.
Perfectly Said!!!

Our Carpet is quite old and the traction is medium to low for carpet. Which is why the soft suspension Also I have removed all of the stiffeners in the car to again add mechanical traction

This car is great and I am only one of 3 at our track to run shaft drive. For the newer cars that have more flexable chassis then can run harder suspension settings.

The only way to know what is good for your track is to start soft Get a balance front to rear of springs and oils setting that work and then start going harder all around equally untill you start loosing traction.

The stiffer you make your car the faster you can corner.

Cornering is everything in racing as we actually go a very short distance straight.

I started with Green springs all around and 20wt oil Too much front traction (too little rear) so sent up one size spring and smaller pistons

That made it 100% better.

Now start playing with camber and tow to get the car to use as much tire as possible.

Then tinker with roll centers and wheelbase.

Once I got these perfect. I was the fastest. so I left it there. The car rolled lots into the corners and If I hit a dot I was on my lid

But I was fast so it was fine.

Once someone caught up I started looking for more corner speed so I started going up in spring rate and oil.

But there is still room for improvement.