R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need a 17.5 and ESC (Blinky Mode) Suggestion
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 PM
LMRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
I've run the Tekin RS (very nice), LRP SXX Stock Spec V2 (very nice), Novak (all of them at 1 time or another - nice), and the Speed Passion (well, you get what you pay for).

If I had it all to do over today, I'd go with the Novak Edge if I wanted to go cheap, and either the Tekin RS or SXX Stock Spec V2 if you wanted higher end.
I dont think I could run another novak esc. Some of the newer ones require you to run there motor because they have a temp sensor inside the motor that the esc needs to read to arm, without that sensor (which the novak is the only current motor I'm aware of with the sensor) the ESC wont do anything. and while there ESC's run on the cheaper side there motors tend to be a little pricey for the preformance they offer in my opinion. (I can confirm for sure that the Havoc motor and esc combos the esc does require you to run a novak motor)

I run the SXX Stock specs just because the feel of the LRP esc's is more to my preferance over the Tekin. I think the Tekin RS is easily the best deal on any of the ESC's currently on the market though. But really all the ESC's are on a fairly even playing field in blinky other than throttle response. Some are more linar than others and some have a more touchy feel, while others are nothing more than an on/off switch.