R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C Racing's T8 Nitro Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Team C USA
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by alpha.21
hey ,guys looking for a alaround good setup for my t8 it well be here soon.. just a really good starting point..thanks

The stock set-up is the very best place to start. Otherwise you will not have a thorougly tested baseline from which to try different things, or to come back to. The stock set-up was tested for many months by many drivers in many different track conditions, worldwide. It provides the most neutral feel. Please begin there.

If you later find that the buggy does not do what you want at certain points on the track, or in certain conditions, then ask here for recommended changes. The change needed may be very minor and close to stock.

For instance, if the car becomes a little inconsistent while cornering, it may not be suspension geometry that needs adjustment. After punishing 4 T8 buggies myself over the last 18 months, I've noticed that the servo saver spring could use another coil to prevent unecessary ss action. We are working towards upgrading the spring to accomodate today's stronger steering servos.

Roy J.