R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho FW-05R
Thread: Kyosho FW-05R
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 10:44 PM
rcosmax
Tech Adept

yeah i noticed that jeffery. My inside tire( in relation to track direction is a slight proper cone while the outside/left tire has a slight inverted cone. Like i said i was happy to get it to break the rear end so that (camber) will be getting reset to 3.5 this weekend.

Initial D I had changed the toe from over 2 degrees to the now 1.5, the rear camber was previously 3.5, and the rear diff oil was 20k. so combined those changes drastically loosened the rear. I previously had 3mm of front droop and 3 rear. And actually now as i recheck the rear it is 4.5mm of rear droop.

As it is I like the 10k much better.
the camber will reset to get the proper cone
the rear toe will be tweaked a little more.

The positive changes to the front end effected the handling more than the negative changes to the rear so thats how im able to reset the rear for more bite now that the front end has woken up a bit.

Initially my setup was very poor and done only with a ruler and a slide camber guage. My friend then set it up in his setup bench with much more camber and toe front and rear than i initially had. So it is kind of hard to say exactly what some of the settings were before adjustments.
I hope that makes some sense. As I race with japanese drivers and my terminology is very muddled, because i speak in half English half Japanese at the track.

Last edited by rcosmax; 07-12-2004 at 10:53 PM.