R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
FastPete
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Started on my kit tonight, and it's been great so far. I'm coming from having owned every generation of XRay EP touring cars (local carpet track is now dirt) and I wanted a buggy that was built like an XRay, and I got it. I have one CVD doing as you described and that is my only issue so far. I have rebuilt both using every combination of bone/pin/coupler/axle there is and have isolated it to one of the axles. Tried every set of holes on said axle with the same result. Comparing the cup of the good axle vs the cup of the bad axle they look the same, I can't see any burrs or machining defects that would make one work and the other not. The holes *look* like they are 180 degrees from each other but I don't have a way to measure it so can't be 100% sure. I'll finish out the car and come back to it, and see if anyone else comes across this issue in the meantime. Everything else about the buggy has met or exceeded my expectations, and believe me they were high!

Randy thanks for posting the setup, I'm starting from there. My track should be a med-high bite track, indoor clay. I know it's a tough gig having to go out and play with your new buggy all day and figure out a starting setup, but someones gotta do it right?

-rocky b
There you go.Same issue I had

I did and fixed it myself. The ball end of the CVD hits all the holes in the axle that the pin slips into. Like they all have high spots.

You will see pull the pin and pudh the cvd into the axle you have to push it in,it binds.

I just put my cvd in a drill took some 1000 sandpaper and removed alittle material from the ball. Problem solved. Also you can chuck the axle in the drill and clean up the ID of the axle where the cvd goes in.

Pete