R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setting Droop Techniques
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2002, 09:31 AM
hobbipro
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Now this is a posting that I really have trouble understanding, and some of us out here need some serious schoolin. My problem is that I've had a Yokomo, Hpi, and Tamiya cars in the past and there is no uniform explaination on "droop", or "ride height." So my definition of "droop" or "ride height" is probably way off. I've always just "drove" the car never really thought about these adjustment till now.
First, for example, I now have a shumacher mission. It says in the manual to adjust "ride height" by whatever spring clip you need. Ok, so with no clips the car right now has about 6.5mm in the front 7mm rear using a aluminum combo guage (droop/height) so no clips are needed, it actually is too high. The manual says that 5.5mm ft, and 6mm rear is a good starting point, but in order to achieve the 5.5/6mm I must use the set screws in tha a-arms to achieve these numbers. Is this the wrong way to get the 5.5/6mm? What if I wanted to say go to 4.5, or 5mm? Or are the set screws used only for "droop"? What is droop, and why do we need it?
I'm starting to think that the way my car is set now to get the 5.5/6mm must not have any droop since the set screws are basically doing that job when they should'nt be.
Any info would be appreciated.