R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM
dangerwr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
I have a Mamba Monster ESC V3 and a Castle/NEU 1800 kv motor in my 1/8th buggy and when I crash and the buggy lands on its wheels and rolls backwards my esc will not move until the buggy comes to a complete stop. It sometimes costs valuable racing seconds compared to if you could just punch it and go again. Im guessing it is designed this way to prevent drivetrain damage but not sure. Is there a way to set up the esc so I can just go as soon as the car settles? I have a castle link so if possible please advise.... Thanks.
I have experienced the "phenomena" in the past. I do not want to by "that guy" and say for you not to crash and problem solved! However, there is no setting on the ESC that creates this behavior. What you are likely experiencing is a voltage spike to the ESC after a crash. What I awlays recommend to people who run the MMM is to secure it twice as well as you think is needed. I am not sure what buggy you are running but find a way to bolt that thing down. I use the E-Revo mount Traxxas put out a while back to secure it in my Losi. Problem solved.