R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Matt Howard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
thanks all for your responses to help me get my car setup. when i first put the car on the track, it was un-drivable. After the diffs wore in and a few setup changes, the car is dialed pretty nicely. The only thing i can use is a little more steering. I am using Randy's setup.

Also, i think this car needs another turn or two on the motor. I am running a 8.5t, but feels like it wants a 6.5t.

Questions back on setup.

1) The front axle trailing, trailing forward or backwards, what does that do?

2) the caster degree. 25deg is default, right? If your adjustments are only +10, +5, -5, and -10, how do you get exactly 25deg? there is no 0.

3) another caster question. Say if i do a +10 in the front. supposedly, it's 25+10=35. but if u look at the adapter in the front, the +10 hole is towards the ground. Isn't that subtracting the caster? With the +10, seems like it's less angled.

Hopefully someone have answers for me.

thx
1) the more inline the axle, the more turn-in or initial steering you get. the more trailing the more mid corner and exit steering you get, it's also a bit more stable in the steering dept.
2) the kickup is 25 deg and with the included inserts you can't get 25 deg castor
3)Just look at the inserts, it's not hard to see if you're adding or subtracting castor.