R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 03:57 AM
BrainTeased
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys any of you mtx-3 racers race on a low traction, small, bumpy, technical track? im looking to get some advice on some suspension tuning.

Basically my car handles fine yet i notice that the top guys at my track are getting around the corners much better. I was wondering how i could set my car to turn in really fast yet hold that small radius while still turning. Also they seem to do it at higher than low speeds if you know what i mean.

Also if i put say 5,000 diff oil in the rear which wheel will want to spin more the inside wheel or the outside wheel? i would like to ask the same question with say 30,000 diff oil in the rear. and also my tire wear at the front seems like its running negative camber as the out side of the tire is thin where as on the inside the foam has more meat! do you guys think this makes the car turn better or would you want me to add more camber so that the tire wear at the front is even or would you want me to have the tyres wear on the inside more?

Basically my set up is as follows
Front diff oil - 100,000 oil Kyosho.
Rear diff oil - 10,000 oil kyosho. (soon to change to 5,000 as i was advised to do so)
Front shock oil - 50 wht.
Rear shock oil - 40 wht.
Front 1" toe out & 1.5" camber.
Rear 3" toe in & 2.5" camber.
Fromt tyres - 40sh.
Rear tyres - 37sh.
Ride height - 5mm.f&r.
Front shock position on shock tower. Bottom Holes.
Rear shock position on rear tower. Bottom Holes.
Front sway-bar set flat. Softest.
Down stops and up stops F & R (0)
Full droop on front and rear.
orginal blue springs at all corners
also running with a Hitec HS5645MG steering servo (rated: 10.8 kg and .23 secs)

Sorry about my essay